David M. Dunlap
Mr. Dunlap is currently in his twenty-sixth year of the practice of law, all of which has been dedicated to helping individuals through the difficult times and issues presented by serious personal injury or loss of a spouse, parent or child. The financial, medical and emotional pressures are great during these times and it is important to have solid trustworthy legal cousel who you can depend on. Mr. Dunlap is extremely hands on in his investigation, preparation and presentation of each client's individual case.
Mr. Dunlap has been married to Jacksonville native Holly Green Dunlap for 26 years and together they have reared their two children, Causey and Marcus, in Jacksonville. Mr Dunlap enjoys fishing and bird hunting.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Fraud / Insurance Claims
- Product Liability
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Workers' Compensation
Biography: Born Decatur, Alabama, December 11, 1959; admitted to bar, 1986, Alabama and U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama; 1988, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama and U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit; 1989, admitted to Florida bar, 1988 and U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida.
Education: Auburn University (B.S., 1982); Cumberland School of Law of Samford University (J.D., 1986), member trial advocacy board.
Professional Activities: Jacksonville Bar Association, The Florida Bar, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers (Member, Board of Directors, 1992-1995), Florida Justice Association (Eagle member, 13 years), Alabama Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Governors, 1987-1988), Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association/Jacksonville Justice Association (Member, Board of Directors, 2001-2002; 2006-; Vice President 2008-2012; Member Fourth Judicial Circuit Florida Bar Grievance Committee (Chair 2005-2006), Litigation Council of America, Trial Lawyer Honorary (Board of Directors, 2006-2010), American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) 2009-Current, Leadership Jacksonville Class of 2007.
- Sixteen million dollar/multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements
- Multiple Jury Trials in State and Federal Courts involving civil matters including automobile accidents, defective products, premises liability and nursing home negligence
- Hundreds of additional settlements at Court Ordered Mediation, a Florida Alternative Dispute Resolution process
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers Eagle Workhorse Award Winner, 1993
- Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association, JJA Vice President 2009-2010, 2010-2011.
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates - ABOTA, a Trial Lawyers Honorary Board 2009 - Current
- AAVO Attorney Rating: Excellent
- Martindale Hubble Rating: AV
- Ponte Vedra Beach Rotary, President 2011-2012.
- Ponte Vedra Beach Rotary (Board of Directors, 2005-;Legal Counsel 2008-2009; Sgt.. at Arms 2005-2006; Secretary 2009-2010)
- Ponte Vedra Beach Rotary, President Elect 2010 - 2011
- Salvation Army Volunteer Christmas Kettle Drive, Chairman 2008 - 2010
- Leadership Jacksonville, Class of 2007
- Ponte Vedra High School Lacrosse Booster Director 2011-2012
- Double Wide Invitational Angler of the Year 2012