While it is not something that we like to think about, it is very important to ensure that your family will be taken care of if something were to happen to you. Because it does not impact our daily lives, we tend to put off planning for the inevitable. But in our litigious society where good intentions are not legally binding, it is important to make sure that you make the decisions that will be right for you and your estate in the event of your incapacitation or death. Our Jacksonville Estate Planning Lawyers at Harris Guidi Rosner, P.A., are here to help protect you and your family by developing a comprehensive plan that protects you from unnecessary expenses and risks to your estate and assets.
We take the time to learn about you and your situation, then explain the top benefits your plan and options in easy to understand language. Next, we use our knowledge of Florida Estate Planning Law to find the best or most ideal options for our clients’ estate planning needs.
What is Estate Planning?
The definition of Estate Planning can mean many different things to different people. At Harris Guidi Rosner, we believe the purpose of estate planning is to protect you and your family from a wide range of threats and expenses.
We will work with you to create a holistic plan that will allow you to:
- Maintain control of your assets while you are alive
- Protect your assets in the event of incapacitation or death for the benefit of your loved ones
- And on your death, it will provide for your assets pass to the people you want to receive them, when you want them to receive them, in the manner you want.
We also are aware the Federal and State government want their piece as well. So, we actively work to construct a plan that will provide for:
- Least possible cost for Federal and State estate taxes
- Least possible professional fees for probate attorneys and lawyers, and other professionals
The Estate Planning Process
The process of developing an estate plan is a learning process for our clients and for us as well. First, we will work hard to learn as much as we can about you and your situation. We want to learn about your:
- Fears and concerns about wills, trusts, and probate
- Individual life circumstances
- Relationships, immediate family, and extended family
- Medical outlook
- Goals and desires for your estate plan
After we have gained a thorough understanding of your wants and desires, your estate, assets and life situation, we will help teach you about the advantages and disadvantages of various estate planning tools and techniques that are available under Florida estate planning law. These may include:
- Last Will and Testament
- Designation of Guardianship
- Trusts including Revocable Living Trust, Special Needs Trusts, and others
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Planning for Incapacity including Living Wills
- Concerns for long-term care
- Medicaid planning
- Protection of your assets during your lifetime
- Florida laws of probate
- VA and pension benefits
- Lifetime gifting
- Minimizing Estate Taxes and creditor planning
- And more
By teaching you the options that are available to you and by addressing your fears and concerns, we will work with you to design an estate plan that is specifically tailored to help you accomplish the purposes for which you initiated the estate planning process.
We understand that every life situation is unique. Every client that we represent demands our best and personalized service so we can create plans that are efficient and effective for you.
Goals for You
Our purpose as Jacksonville estate planning lawyers is to provide you with an estate plan that meets your objectives, deals with your individual needs, and allows you to have peace of mind that your affairs will be dealt with in the manner that fulfills your desires.
Our goals in creating an estate plan for you include:
- Develop a plan that meets the goals and dreams you have for your family and loved ones.
- Making decisions easy, by proving you with the knowledge and understanding of an estate plan.
- Providing for a process that is as smooth and worry-free as possible.
- Protect the value of your assets and the wealth you have accumulated in your life.
- Protecting your beneficiaries from situations where your estate may be placed at risk.
- Help to avoid probate & court supervision that delays distributing assets.
- Ensure that your estate will be available for your benefit and for your family and loved ones.
Whether you need a simple will or a complex trust, as your Jacksonville Estate Planning attorneys, we can assist you in determining what legal documents will be necessary to achieve your estate planning objective.