Contempt and Enforcement Attorneys

Jacksonville Contempt and Enforcement Attorneys
Matters of Family Law can become very stressful and feelings can become very intense. Many times, this stress and heightened feelings can extend past the final judgment and dissolution of a marriage. In some cases, one party may decide that they will not follow the court order, and when that happens you need to contact the Jacksonville Contempt and Enforcement Attorneys at Harris Guidi to help you determine a plan of action to ensure that all of the final orders of the court are followed.


Contempt means the willful violation of a court order, mandate, or decree. There are two different kinds of contempt – Civil Contempt and Criminal Contempt. Civil Contempt is usually applicable to issues arising from Family Law Matters. In these cases, the court can use contempt to coerce a party into coming into compliance with a court order. If a party is not paying attorney’s fees or child support and the court finds that there is a willful disregard for the order and has the ability to pay, then the court can use different means to bring the party into compliance, including incarceration.

It is important if you are facing a contempt charge or if you are seeking a remedy through a contempt charge to consult an experienced and qualified attorney. The Jacksonville Contempt Attorneys at Harris Guidi Rosner are ready to help you make the right decision to help you in your time of need. Contact us today to discuss your family law matters.


After a court delivers a final judgment regarding an issue, the court has the ability to enforce its ruling if one of the parties violates the order or judgment. In family law matters often a party violates an order requiring him or her to make child support or spousal support payments or comply with a final judgment in a divorce case. In order to enforce an order or judgment, the Florida courts have the ability to enter a monetary judgment for vested arrearages, garnish the violator’s wages, place a lien on the violator’s property and to suspend a violator’s professional and/or driver’s licenses.

If you are owed money for any type of support or as a part of a final judgment, and you have not been paid as directed by the court, contact the Jacksonville Enforcement Attorneys at Harris Guidi Rosner to discuss your particular situation and to develop an enforcement plan that will ensure compliance with your final orders.

Our Family Law Attorneys

View Case Results

Areas of Practice

Recent Articles

Free Consultation

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.