AREAS OF PRACTICE
Born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on December 27, 1963. Peter is married to his wife, Carol (May 1987) and they have two sons, Wesley and Seth.
Peter Shutters has fourteen years as an insurance defense attorney before joining Harris, Guidi & Rosner. He has jury trial experience in a variety of Florida Counties, including, Duval, Clay, Marion, Orange, Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa. Peter Shutters has represented clients insured with Allstate, State Farm, USAA and Progressive. He looks to bring that experience and insight to Harris, Guidi & Rosner to assist and advance the firm’s clients in personal injury claims.
Mr. Shutters handled civil litigation cases while in private practice in his home town of Ocala, Florida, from 1999 through 2003. These included contract disputes, child abuse and neglect cases, as well as, personal injury litigation. He has handled a number of appeals, including several oral arguments at the Fifth DCA in Volusia County.
Valdosta State University (1982-1984)
Florida State University (1985 – 87) B.S. in Psychology and Sociology
Nova Southeastern University (1993 – 1996) J.D.
Recent Blog Posts
- Components and Statutes of Wrongful Death Compensation Claim
- A Wrongful Death Attorney Provides Advice
- Automobile Accident Law – What You Need to Know
- Accidental Personal Injury Law
- Physicians and Nurses—PRN and IPN—Friend or Foe?
- What is Concert of Action?
- Moving Personal Injury Case form State Court to Federal Court
- What is Res Ipsa Loquitur?
- The Importance of Uninsured Motorist Coverage in the State of Florida
- Medical Malpractice Law Update
- How the Courts Work for Personal Injury Cases
- Taking Pictures is a Snap Part 2
- FLORIDA’S LEMON LAWS
- “I have full coverage” – Part VII – in closing
- Seeing a Doctor After Car Accident
- “I have full coverage” – Part VI – Umbrella Coverages
- Common Automobile Insurance Misconceptions
- How A Seatbelt Can Affect Your Personal Injury Case
- Crime Victim Compensation – Can You Collect?