Paternity testing can be an emotionally charged issue. Arriving at a successful outcome of a paternity case requires an experienced attorney. The Family Law Paternity Lawyers at Harris Guidi Rosner Dunlap, P.A. are experienced in paternity cases and ready to step in and assist you.
Paternity is defined as the legal recognition of a man’s relationship to a child as a parent, between himself and the child. It is therefore extremely important to determine the father’s obligations to the child and his rights as a parent.
We can represent either the father or the mother in a legal paternity case. Unmarried fathers can establish paternity to claim their rights as a parent so that they can participate in the raising of their child.
Legal Paternity in Jacksonville
Is paternity testing just for child support cases? Absolutely not, there are many reasons why testing for paternity is important. Included are:
- Identifying a Medical Condition: If a father has a medical condition it is important that the child be aware of potential future medical issues
- Child Support: Obtaining child support you’re your minor child
- Being Released from Child Support: If you are paying child support for a child that is not your own
- Insurance: A child may be covered under his father’s medical plan, or as a beneficiary of a life insurance
- Estate Planning and Probate: Paternity may affect settlement of a father’s estate and probate proceedings if a will is not in effect.
- Obtaining a Visitation Schedule: You can ensure that you will be involved in the raising of your child
- Determining Child Custody: Paternity can protect your rights as a legal guarding of your children.
- Social Security and Other benefits: In certain situations, a child may qualify to receive Social Security or other benefits in the event of their father’s disability or death.
Regardless of your reason for seeking a paternity case, we can help. Contact one of our experienced Jacksonville Paternity Lawyers today to set up a consultation.