Do I Need a Workers’ Compensation Attorney?
When we sit down with a potential client at Harris Guidi Rosner, P.A., to discuss the person’s work-related accident one of the most common questions we address is “Do I need a Workers’ Comp Attorney?”.
Here are the questions we usually ask to help determine if you may need an attorney to represent you regarding your work-related accident and claim:
- Has your claim not been turned in by your employer to its insurance company?
- Have you been paid timely and correctly for all your time you have missed from being out of work from your accident?
- Are you receiving hospital, ambulance or other medical bills related to your accident that the insurance company is not paying?
- Has the insurance company tried to tell you “your case is closed”?
- Are there medical benefits, tests or specialists being recommended for you by your doctors that the insurance company is not authorizing?
- Is the insurance adjuster not calling you back promptly or not calling you back at all?
- Do you feel like you are being rushed back to work or that your work is not respecting your work restrictions from your authorized doctor?
- Are you filing for and receiving your mileage?
- Do you have questions about forms you have been asked to complete and sign for your employer or its insurance company?
- If you have a nurse case manager assigned to you, is the nurse helpful to you or does it seem like the nurse has the insurance companies interests at heart?
- Has the insurance company approached you to discuss settlement?
- Do you need a translator at your medical appointments that you are not getting provided by the insurance company?
- Do you have questions about returning to work and how it may impact your case?
If these are topics you would like to discuss your work-related accident, call us to talk about your case and if a workers’ compensation attorney may be helpful to you. The consultation is free. You can reach us at (904) 777-7777 to schedule a consultation at Harris Guidi Rosner, P.A. or you may email us at email@example.com.
Read Kendall's full bio
Latest posts by Kendall Mills (see all)
- When Is it Time to Hire a Workers’ Compensation Attorney? - August 29, 2018
- Social Media and your Workers’ Compensation Case - May 17, 2018
- TOP REASONS TO HIRE A WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ATTORNEY - April 5, 2018